1. Events antecedent to the war failed to serve as a warning of the threat. 先于战争的一些事件未能警告人们有关战争的威胁。
2. There was no evidence for a strong association between moderate alcohol consumption and HF without antecedent coronary artery disease. 没有明证据表明适量饮酒与无冠心病病史的心衰之间具有很强的关联。
3. Demography as antecedent variables, including sex, age, marriage status, working tenure, people in a department, education and position, has significant impact on satisfaction factors. 性别、年龄、婚姻状态、工作年限、部门人数，学历、职位等人口变量对满意度有显著影响。
1. someone from whom you are descended (but usually more remote than a grandparent)
2. a preceding occurrence or cause or event
3. anything that precedes something similar in time
4. the referent of an anaphor; a phrase or clause that is referred to by an anaphoric pronoun adj.
1. preceding in time or order