1. He clouted the ball into the south stands. 他把球打到南边的看台上去。
2. Together they would have the legitimacy and the clout to tackle almost any issue. 这样他们既合法又有影响力能解决几乎所有问题。
3. Even institutional investors such as pension funds and insurance companies, which ought to have the clout to force down fees, are paying more. 即使像养老基金和保险公司等应该有能力使基金费用下降的机构投资者现在也在支付更多的费用。
1. a target used in archery
2. special advantage or influence
3. a short nail with a flat head; used to attach sheet metal to wood
4. (boxing) a blow with the fist v.
1. strike hard, especially with the fist