1. An automobile moves when the motor is geared to the rear wheels. 汽车的发动机连接于后轮时，汽车开动了。
2. Evidence of leak on right main landing gear. 右侧着陆主传动装置有裂隙迹象。
3. We must gear the amount of products we make to increase in public demand. 我们必须使我们生产的产品数量与公众需求的增加相适合。
1. a toothed wheel that engages another toothed mechanism in order to change the speed or direction of
2. wheelwork consisting of a connected set of rotating gears by which force is transmitted or motion or
3. a mechanism for transmitting motion for some specific purpose (as the steering gear of a vehicle)
4. equipment consisting of miscellaneous articles needed for a particular operation or sport etc. v.
1. set the level or character of