1. It's easy enough for you to gibe at them, but could you do any better? 笑话人家很容易，可是你能做得更好吗?
2. It's unkind to gibe at a foreign student's English, even though it may sound amusing. 嘲笑一个外国学生的英语是不应该的，就算他的英语令人捧腹。
3. Please dont gibe me, Lydia said. I feel as repulsive and small as one of those deadly germs often portrayed in the horror movie genre. 请不要嘲笑我，利迪娅说。我觉得自己令人讨厌，渺小，像恐怖类电影描述的那些致命的细菌那样。
1. an aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect
2. be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics
3. laugh at with contempt and derision