1. Who was your best mate at Liverpool? 谁是你在利物浦最好的伙伴?
2. If one of you has to win an argument, let it be your mate. 如果争论中你们中必须有一个赢家的话，要让你的配偶赢！
3. If I have a week of training, I stop sleeping late, stop drinking mate in the afternoon and I train. 如果我有一个星期要训练，我不会睡得很晚，不会和我的朋友们在下午喝酒，只是训练。
1. the officer below the master on a commercial ship
2. a fellow member of a team
3. the partner of an animal (especially a sexual partner)
4. a person's partner in marriage
5. an exact duplicate
6. South American holly; leaves used in making a drink like tea
7. informal term for a friend of the same sex
8. South American tea-like drink made from leaves of a South American holly called mate
9. a chess move constituting an inescapable and indefensible attack on the opponent's king v.
1. make love
2. bring two objects, ideas, or people together
3. place an opponent's king under an attack from which it cannot escape and thus ending the game