1. The two cops were matter-of-fact about the whole thing. 两个警察对这整个事件无动于衷。
2. His voice wandered on in the dull, matter-of-fact tones of someone describing his own environment. 他的声音一直飘忽游移不定，语气单调乏味，就像某人描述自己的环境一样。
3. But when he spoke, his words were strong and true, delivered in a straightforward, matter-of-fact manner. 不过他一开口说话，那低沉有力，诚挚率真的语调立刻渗透进了每个人的心灵。
1. a disputed factual contention that is generally left for a jury to decide
2. a matter that is an actual fact or is demonstrable as a fact adj.
1. not fanciful or imaginative
2. concerned with practical matters