1. He is a complicated man—moody, mercurial
, with a melancholy streak.
2. It was a feat reflective of what has been surprisingly consistent play from perhaps the league's most mercurial
3. Always remember that weather markets are mercurial
, extreme in price fluctuations, and very difficult to master. Forecasts of weather beyond a few days are not reliable.
1. liable to sudden unpredictable change
2. relating to or under the (astrological) influence of the planet Mercury
3. relating to or having characteristics (eloquence, shrewdness, swiftness, thievishness) attributed to
4. relating to or containing or caused by mercury
Copyright @ 2005-2013 可可英语 京ICP备11028623号