1. Eastern Miscellany, the magazine with longest history before the liberalization of China was labeled as the "conservative" force due to this debate. 《东方杂志》是解放前办刊历史最长的一份杂志，因为这场论战而被认为是“保守的”的反动势力。
2. Now and again he reached out and added a bundle of checks to the flying miscellany that soared through the roof and out of sight in a tremendous circle. 上了浆的衬衫、和稿子，还不时伸手加一扎支票到飞旋的行列中去。那些东西穿出房顶，飞成一个极大的圆圈消失了。
3. Time has given this miscellany the patina of reputability, but it has not given us the right to be sniffy about parallel developments that we catch in an earlier phase. 时光赋于此种混杂（指西洋乐团）古色古香的信誉，但这并不赋于我们对这早期的平行发展嗤之以鼻的权利。
1. a collection containing a variety of sorts of things
2. an anthology of short literary pieces and poems and ballads etc.