1. To pass the needed reforms, he may need to appeal to the opposition
2. A day earlier, his son, also an opposition
politician, was suspended from parliament for a year.
3. The voter show their opposition
to the government by voting against the proposal in the referendum.
1. the action of opposing something that you disapprove or disagree with
2. the relation between opposed entities
3. the act of hostile groups opposing each other
4. a contestant that you are matched against
5. a body of people united in opposing something
6. a direction opposite to another
7. an armed adversary (especially a member of an opposing military force)
8. the major political party opposed to the party in office and prepared to replace it if elected
Copyright @ 2005-2013 可可英语 京ICP备11028623号