plebeian [pli'bi:jən, plə]
1. Because iron has a plebeian
2. And the slave was smitten with the same retribution as his master; even the plebeian
suffered the same as the king.
3. Severus gave the man a beating with cudgels, while his herald proclaimed: 'Let no plebeian
embrace a legate of the Roman people with impunity.
1. one of the common people
2. of the common people of ancient Rome
3. of or associated with the great masses of people
plebeian public sphere
the plebeian public sphere
Copyright @ 2005-2013 可可英语 京ICP备11028623号