2. Background— Empirical data on the changing epidemiology of congenital heart disease (CHD) are scant. 背景-先天性心脏病的变化流行病学经验资料鲜见。
3. Progressives and champions of social justice in the North at first paid scant attention to the Niagara rebels. 北方进步派和争取社会正义的战士最初对尼亚加拉造反者不太注意。
1. work hastily or carelessly; deal with inadequately and superficially
2. limit in quality or quantity
3. supply sparingly and with restricted quantities adj.
1. less than the correct or legal or full amount often deliberately so