1. A lightening splits the dark sky. 一道闪电划破了黑暗的天空。
2. The board split as I sawed it. 这块木板锯着锯着就裂开了。
3. That party split up into two groups. 这个政党分裂成两个小集团。
1. extending the legs at right angles to the trunks (one in front and the other in back)
2. a bottle containing half the usual amount
3. a promised or claimed share of loot or money
4. a lengthwise crack in wood
5. an opening made forcibly as by pulling apart
6. an old Croatian city on the Adriatic Sea
7. a dessert of sliced fruit and ice cream covered with whipped cream and cherries and nuts
8. (tenpin bowling) a divided formation of pins left standing after the first bowl
9. an increase in the number of outstanding shares of a corporation without changing the shareholders'
10. the act of rending or ripping or splitting something
11. division of a group into opposing factions v.
1. separate into parts or portions
2. separate or cut with a tool, such as a sharp instrument
3. discontinue an association or relation; go different ways
4. go one's own way; move apart
5. break open or apart suddenly adj.
1. being divided or separated
2. having been divided; having the unity destroyed
3. (especially of wood) cut or ripped longitudinally with the grain