1. He truncated a news item to fit the available space. 他删节一则新闻以适合可用的版面。
2. Leaves wide. Inflorescences densely villous. Corolla ca. 2 cm; galea narrower, truncate at apex. 叶宽。花序密被长柔毛。花冠约2厘米；盔瓣狭窄，削去在先端。
3. Branchlets, petioles, and veins with unguiculate hairs or scales, some scales truncate; bract narrowly ovate, ca. 5 mm. 小枝，叶柄和有有爪的头发或者规模，一些鳞片截形的静脉；苞片狭卵形，约5毫米。
1. replace a corner by a plane
2. approximate by ignoring all terms beyond a chosen one
3. make shorter as if by cutting off adj.
1. terminating abruptly by having or as if having an end or point cut off