1. She veil
ed her face when she went out into the street.
2. The bride wore a long white dress and a white head covering called a veil
3. The bride, dressed in white, with a veil
over her face, sits in a room alone.
1. a garment that covers the head and face
2. the inner membrane of embryos in higher vertebrates (especially when covering the head at birth)
3. a vestment worn by a priest at High Mass in the Roman Catholic Church; a silk shawl
1. to obscure, or conceal with or as if with a veil
2. make undecipherable or imperceptible by obscuring or concealing
Copyright @ 2005-2013 可可英语 京ICP备11028623号