1. He is active
; you are passive.
2. Love is the active
concern for the life and the growth of that which we love.
3. From Microelectronics to "Active Silicon" ——Future Potentials of System Integration.
1. chemical agent capable of activity
2. the voice used to indicate that the grammatical subject of the verb is performing the action or caus
3. a person devoted to the active life
1. tending to become more severe or wider in scope
2. engaged in or ready for military or naval operations
3. disposed to take action or effectuate change
4. taking part in an activity
5. characterized by energetic activity
6. exerting influence or producing a change or effect
7. full of activity or engaged in continuous activity
8. in operation
9. of the sun; characterized by a high level activity in sunspots and flares and radio emissions
10. expressing that the subject of the sentence has the semantic function of actor:
11. expressing action rather than a state of being; used of verbs (e.g. `to run') and participial adject
12. (of e.g. volcanos) capable of erupting
13. (of e.g. volcanos) erupting or liable to erupt
14. engaged in full-time work
Copyright @ 2005-2013 可可英语 京ICP备11028623号