1. The teacher made great efforts to quiet
2. Quiet please , thank you .
3. You need to study in a quiet
place, like your bedroom.
1. a period of calm weather
2. an untroubled state; free from disturbances
3. the absence of sound
4. a disposition free from stress or emotion
1. become quiet or quieter
2. make calm or still
1. characterized by an absence or near absence of agitation or activity
2. free of noise or uproar; or making little if any sound
3. not showy or obtrusive
4. in a softened tone
5. (of a body of water) free from disturbance by heavy waves
6. of the sun; characterized by a low level of surface phenomena like sun spots e.g.
1. with little or no activity or no agitation (`quiet' is a nonstandard variant for `quietly')
Copyright @ 2005-2013 可可英语 京ICP备11028623号