1. A bout
may continue briefly when both contestants are on the floor.
2. A few (not many) worry that this bout
of government spending will result in inflation.
3. The Health Protection Agency letter reminded physicians that, in the 1976 bout
in the United States, more people died from the vaccination than the flu.
1. (sports) a period of play during which one team is on the offensive
2. a period of illness
3. a contest or fight (especially between boxers or wrestlers)
4. an occasion for excessive eating or drinking
Copyright @ 2005-2013 可可英语 京ICP备11028623号