1. Some maverick scientists believe that both gravity and light are electromagnetic forces. 某些独立研究科学家们认为，重力和光都是电磁力。
2. It has more in common with the work of the American maverick genius Frank Lloyd Wright, for whom Utzon worked briefly. 它与美国怪才弗兰克·劳埃德·赖特的作品有较多的共同点，乌特松曾短期为赖特工作过。
3. The maverick populist struck a triumphant tone, predicting the collapse of the American project to establish a democratic government in Iraq. 这位标新立异的民粹派用一种得意洋洋的语气预测美国在伊拉克建立民主政府的计划的失败。
1. someone who exhibits great independence in thought and action
2. an unbranded range animal (especially a stray calf); belongs to the first person who puts a brand on adj.
1. independent in behavior or thought