1. After the war the government reversed its foreign policy. 政府在战后彻底改变了它的外交政策。
2. But experts worry the trend might now go into reverse. 但是专家们担心这一趋势如今可能会逆转。
3. We should see the reverse as well as the obverse of things. 我们不但应该看到事物的正面，也要看到事物的反面。
1. a relation of direct opposition
2. the gears by which the motion of a machine can be reversed
3. an unfortunate happening that hinders or impedes; something that is thwarting or frustrating
4. the side of a coin or medal that does not bear the principal design
5. (American football) a running play in which a back running in one direction hands the ball to a back
6. turning in the opposite direction v.
1. change to the contrary
2. turn inside out or upside down
3. rule against
4. annul by recalling or rescinding adj.
1. directed or moving toward the rear
2. reversed (turned backward) in order or nature or effect
3. of the transmission gear causing backward movement in a motor vehicle