1. On the contrary
, you always told me how you pride yourself on being open to all.
2. Contrary to what you might think, that means the temperatures are coldest after dawn.
3. But, contrary
to a popular assumption, it is far from being the only one, or even the greatest.
1. a relation of direct opposition
2. exact opposition
3. a logical relation such that two propositions are contraries if both cannot be true but both can be
1. very opposed in nature or character or purpose
2. of words or propositions so related that both cannot be true but both may be false
3. resistant to guidance or discipline
4. in an opposing direction
Copyright @ 2005-2013 可可英语 京ICP备11028623号