1. By sheer coincidence Mary is there too. 完全由于巧合，玛丽也在那儿。
2. "Part of the reason is sheer lack of awareness, " it said. “部分原因在于完全缺乏意识，”该委员会表示。
3. However, the commonly accepted view that the US Army overwhelmed opponents by sheer numbers is not quite correct. 可是，一般公认的观点，即美国陆军纯粹依靠数量优势压倒对手是不正确的。
1. turn sharply; change direction abruptly
2. cause to sheer adj.
1. complete and without restriction or qualification; sometimes used informally as intensifiers
2. not mixed with extraneous elements
3. very steep; having a prominent and almost vertical front
4. so thin as to transmit light adv.
1. straight up or down without a break